Section 1 – What Information Brinca Collects and How Brinca Collects It
In order to provide and improve the Services and to operate its business, Brinca collects various types of information, including information that identifies you or may identify you. What information Brinca collects and how Brinca collects it is described below.
A. Information Provided by You.
When you use the Website or the Services, Brinca collects the following information if and when you submit it:
- Contact Information (e.g., name, email address, postal address, phone number, corporate affiliation).
- Profile Information (e.g., username, password, preferences).
- Property Information (e.g., street address, square footage, general condition).
- Communications (e.g., responses to surveys, emails to customer service).
- Marketing Information (e.g., preferences for receiving marketing communications, details about how you engage with marketing communications).
- Other Information provided by you (e.g., other information that you voluntarily submit).
Brinca collects this information when you create an account, fill out a form, send Brinca an email, subscribe to a newsletter, or otherwise submit information to Brinca.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, Brinca (and its service providers and business partners) may automatically log the following information about you, your computer, your mobile device, and your activity on the Website or the Services:
- Device Data (e.g., information about your computer or mobile device and operating system, including type and version number, manufacturer, and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location).
- Usage Data (e.g., information about the website you visited before accessing the Website, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access).
Brinca (and its service providers and business partners) facilitate the collection of this information by using the following technologies:
- Cookies. Brinca uses, or allows to be used, cookies on its Website. Cookies are data files containing small amounts of information that are placed on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to uniquely identify your browser and to store information or settings for a variety of purposes, such as to keep you logged into your account as you navigate between secure pages, to remember your preferences between sessions, to facilitate online advertising, and so on. You can prevent cookies from being set on your computer or device by adjusting the settings of your browser (see your browser “Help” for how to do this). However, be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this Website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- Web beacons. Also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, these are tiny graphics embedded invisibly on webpages and emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. This technology is used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened or that certain content within it was viewed or clicked.
C. Information Collected from Third Parties.
Brinca may combine personal information that it receives from you with personal information it obtains from other sources, such as its affiliates, data providers, business partners (e.g., joint marketing partners or event co-sponsors), and publicly accessible sources (e.g., social media platforms).
Section 2 – Brinca’s Use of Your Information
- Delivery of the Services. Brinca may use such information to provide the Services. For example, Brinca may use such information to: set up user accounts; provide the Services; facilitate Real Estate Transactions (as defined in the Terms of Service); provide customer service and support; respond to inquiries; send communications, including confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages; prevent fraudulent activity; or for any other purpose based on Brinca’s legitimate interest in connection with the Services.
- General Website Operation. Brinca may use such information to: operate, improve, and administer its Website. For example, Brinca may use such information to: provide, maintain, and improve the Website generally; understand user needs and interests and provide users with a customized experience; develop new Website features; or diagnose and fix technology problems.
- Research & Development. Brinca may use such information for research and development purposes, including to analyze how the Website is being used, to make certain changes as a result of these findings, and to develop other products and services. As part of these activities, Brinca may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information. Brinca makes personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. Brinca may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve its Website and the Services and to promote its business.
- Analytics. Brinca may use such information, in an aggregated form, to understand general information and trends related to its website and the Services, such as how many users have visited its website during a given period of time, the types of devices these visitors are using, customer demographics, and so on. The information is not used to identify any individual and is used by Brinca to help improve the Services and promote its business.
- Promotional Communications. Brinca may use such information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any or all of these communications by following the instructions provided in any email sent to you or by following the unsubscribe link in those emails.
- Compliance & Protection. Brinca may use such information to: protect its, yours, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property; audit its internal processes for compliance with legal or contractual requirements or internal policies; enforce its Terms of Services or other contracts; protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Other Purposes with Your Consent. Brinca may use such information for some other purpose, provided you specifically consent to that other purpose.
Section 3 – Brinca’s Disclosure of Your Information
- Your Consent. Brinca may share your information with your consent, such as when you authorize Brinca to send your information to a third party (e.g., a bank) or when you post your information to a public forum.
- Service Providers. Brinca may share your information with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including services related to web-hosting, analytics, home inspectors, promotion management, and ad serving. Unless otherwise stated in this policy, these service providers will be given access to your information only as is reasonably necessary to provide their services.
- Advertising Partners. Brinca works with third-party advertising companies that collect, or may receive from Brinca, information about your activity on the Services and other online services to help Brinca advertise the Services.
- Compliance & Protection. Brinca may preserve or disclose to third parties your information if it believes that doing so is reasonably necessary to: protect its, yours, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property; audit its internal processes for compliance with legal or contractual requirements or internal policies; enforce its Terms of Services or other contracts; protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Professional Advisors. Brinca may disclose your information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where such disclosure is reasonably necessary in the course of the professional services such advisors provide to Brinca.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. Brinca may share your non-private, aggregated, or non-personal information (such as your public user profile, public content, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link) with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
Section 4 – Other Websites and Services
Section 5 – Commitment to Data Security
Brinca takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and against loss, misuse, and alteration by third parties. Although Brinca makes reasonable, good faith efforts to store the information collected through the Website and the Services in a private, secure operating environment, Brinca cannot guarantee its absolute security during its transmission or its storage. Further, while Brinca attempts to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, it cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent third parties (e.g., “hackers”) from illegally accessing this information. Brinca does not warrant that your information will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Brinca cannot guarantee its security.
Section 6 – Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Brinca does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under 13 or knowingly allow children under 13 to use, access, or register on the Website or for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to Brinca. No one under the age of 13 may provide to Brinca any personal information. In the event that Brinca learns that it has collected personal information from a child under 13, Brinca will delete that information as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that Brinca might have any information from a child under 13, please contact Brinca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 7 – Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers offer a “Do No Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is an HTTP header field indicating your preference regarding tracking or cross-site user tracking. Brinca does not respond to DNT signals.
Section 8 – Updating This Policy
Section 9 – Modifying Your Personal Information
Section 10 – Opting Out of Marketing Emails
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Brinca by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com with your request. If you opt-out, Brinca may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails regarding your account or providing information that you have specifically requested.
Section 11 – Data Retention
Section 12 – International Visitors
Like many websites, the Services are accessible by an international audience, including visitors from the European Economic Area and other non-U.S. territories. By using the Services, you expressly agree that your personal information, and any information or materials that you submit to the Services, may be used for the purposes identified in this policy and the Terms of Service. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your jurisdiction and in jurisdictions that may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By using the Services, you expressly consent to the transfer of your data from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, including to the United States, for use by Brinca and its affiliates for the purposes described herein, subject only to any additional requirements that may be set forth in a separate, written agreement between you and Brinca.
Section 13 – California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California consumers with certain rights regarding their personal information. Those rights are described in Appendix A below.
Section 14 – Contact Information
Brinca Investments Inc.
1529 9th Street Suite B
Modesto, Ca 95354
Effective: September 11, 2020
Appendix A – California Residents
This appendix (the “Appendix”) applies only to California residents. This Appendix describes (1) how Brinca collects, uses, and shares Personal Information of California residents in operating its business and (2) the rights of California residents with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this Appendix, “Personal Information” has the meaning given to it in the CCPA (without including any exempted information).
Your California Privacy Rights.
You have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases, Brinca may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to request deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information that Brinca has collected from you, subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. As described in more detail below, Brinca does not sell Personal Information to third parties for commercial purposes as defined under the CCPA.
- Right to non-discrimination for exercising a consumer privacy right. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that Brinca will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as: denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; or decreasing service quality.
How to exercise your California Privacy Rights.
You may submit a request to exercise your above-described rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to verify your identity before Brinca will be able to process your request, and Brinca reserves the right to confirm your California residency. Government identification may be required. You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, but Brinca will need to verify both your and your agent’s identities and your agent must provide valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to Brinca. Brinca cannot process your request if you do not provide sufficient detail to allow Brinca to understand and respond to it. Brinca will work to respond to your verifiable request within 45 days of receiving it. In certain cases, Brinca may be required or permitted by law to deny your request.
Brinca does not sell your Personal Information.
Personal Information Brinca collects, uses, and discloses.